Tuesday 13 September 2011

Rennes, ville d'art et d'histoire

Bonjour tout le monde,

Back in Paris rather unexpectedly, because I couldn't get a train ticket to Lyon! well Paris is not a bad place to stop en route to the South of France.

I stayed at the Auberge de Jeunesse de Rennes for two nights and visited this beautiful little medieval city in Brittany (Bretagne). I was visiting a friend and had delicious galettes at her house, une spécialité bretonne! I did my own little "walking tour" of the city and explored the small but lovely historical centre, the Jardins de Thabor and the Museum of Fine Arts, not to mention l'Université Rennes II. It's a very easy city to get around (there is only one metro line!), and although I didn't get to visit Saint Malo or Mont Saint Michel as I had thought I might, I was very glad to see a bit of la Bretagne. Rennes is a real university city and I met a few international students staying at the youth hostel while looking for accomodations. I'm so glad that won't be my case, as I already have lodgings set up in London.


Rennes est à la confluence de deux voies maritimes- le canal d'Ille et Rance, et la Vilaine.


Le Centre historique de Rennes

No comments:

Post a Comment