Thursday 8 September 2011

PARIS!!

I'm keeping this URL for now...and updating with my current travels in France!

I arrived yesterday but it already feels like I've been here a while. Probably because I've seen so much!

-First Day:
Notre-Dame de Paris (from the outside since I couldn't go in with my huge luggage)
Jardins médievaux de Cluny
the bridge which is covered in locks put by romantic couples who then throw away the key (it's symbolic of everlasting love)
My first ice cream...Berthillon, praliné au speculoos, on Ile St-Louis
Champs d'Élysées and lots of perfume stores
Arche de Triomphe
Place de la Concorde

Day 2
Started with croissants under Eiffel Tower
then walked up the Tower (the equivalent of 42 floors to get to the Eiffel Towers' second level!)
Hotel des Invalides (and the Musée des Armes, not to mention Napoleon's grandiose tomb)
Baguette on the steps of the Musée d'Orsay
Some of my favourite Renoir paintings are in the Musée d'Orsay!! "Déjeuner sur l'Herbe", "La Balançoire" and "le bal du moulin de la galette".
Walked along the Quay D'Orsay and saw the Grand Palais and Hotel des Invalides from the front :)
Supper in the Quartier Chinois (the most delicious pho!)

Pictures may follow later. I hope you are all well!

Bisous, from A Very Lucky Girl in Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment