Sunday 3 April 2016

Eating bugs

This has been the most culinarily adventurous weekend of my trip! Yesterday I did a cooking class with Asia scenir school where we leaned to make pad thai, kao soi( a typical chiang mai noodle dish make with egg noodle) and spring rolls. It was so much fun and pretty easy! the thais called pad thai their "fast food" because it takes only 5 min to make once all the ingredients are assembled.
I also went to the Saturday night market with my friend S who is a thai language instructor. We sat down for some serious eating, including an appetizer snack of fried silk worms and grasshoppers as well as omelette with ant eggs (they are small and white, look like larvae which is basically what it is). My friend enjoyed the look on my face as i steeled myself to swallow the bugs. They are actually pretty nice, especcially grasshopper although it looks the worst when you re not used to eating bugs. We also had spicy papaya salad, chicken and sushi washed down with mini ice cream cones. Quite a night for the taste buds.

Have a great week. xx
Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment