Monday 27 February 2012

OxFORD!!

Christ Church (Oxford) dining hall- which inspired the Great Hall in the Harry Potter movies


I spent a beautiful and relaxing weekend in Oxford!! I was pinching myself the whole time, so happy to be there. A group of us LSE Development Students were there for the OxFID conference, attending seminars on topics like communications in conflict, food security, MDGs and microfinance. I attended talks all day on Saturday, but it was so beautiful that on Sunday I skipped most of the afternoon to go exploring.

As you can see from the first two photos, I visited Christ Church, the beautiful Oxford college which was used for some of the Harry Potter movies (such as the staircase scene where Professor McGonagall welcomed the first year students to Hogwarts). The cathedral and the Tom Tower are quite interesting and it`s lovely to think of all the bright young students who`ve worked and played within these walls, before going on to do great things: W.H. Auden, John Locke, Lewis Carroll (Charles Dodgson) and no fewer than thirteen Prime Ministers!





I hope you are all having fantastic weather too. J'espère que le mois de mars s'annonce beau pour tout le monde!
Love to you all, Miss Engagée xx

No comments:

Post a Comment