Sunday 12 February 2012

Bric à Brac - Odds and Ends

We're exactly halfway through Lent Term already, although I must say it feels to me like we just started. I decided to take my camera for a walk one day to document the sights I see every morning. 

Below are treasure hunters who were out in droves this week, wearing big wellies and carrying metal-detectors (the more serious ones, at least). 

Looking for treasure - will the Thames reveal its secrets?
 I walk by the Millenium Bridge Footpath every day - the second nicest bridge after Tower Bridge, in my opinion. In the picture below, you can almost spot Butler's Wharf - it's just beyond the tall, nearly complete building named the "Shard", which I believe is used for office space. the Millenium Bridge gets you from St Paul`s on the north side to the Tate Modern on the "Bankside".

London School of Economics and Political Science
 I went to see Les Misérables this week with three friends who are all just as keen as I am to explore London's cultural attractions to the fullest. It was fantastic!!! I saw Les Miz three years ago with mom, but this time was just as special. I love the male leads in this musical, which is mainly about Jean Valjean and his journey from convict to respected mayor to runaway from the law to father and hero/revolutionary.


I had a really fun and sociable weekend: my friend X invited a few people to eat dumplings at Northumberland House (the LSE residence which is closest to Trafalgar Square) then another friend invited me to brunch on Saturday (and then I squeezed in some time at the library). That night we went dancing in Soho and I didn't get to bed until 5 am or so ;) and finally we had a huge potluck on Sunday with about 12 people.

Time to hit the books. I have an essay on "agrarian reform" due on Friday!

Bises de
Miss Engagée xx

No comments:

Post a Comment