Saturday 4 February 2012

Broadway and Bowling



Taking a break from the books this week wasn't too hard. I went to my friend's bowling party on Thursday and we had lots of fun inventing creative ways to bowl. (Speaking of bowls: Happy Super Bowl tomorrow!)

It's gotten down to zero degrees Celcius in the last week or so, sparking complaints from LSE students who aren't from Canada or a Scandinavian country. I absolutely welcome the cold front since it gives me an excuse to adopt a superior attitude and tell my friends how much colder it gets in Ottawa ("The second coldest capital in the world after Ulan Bator!! You know we never miss school even when it's minus 40...yeah, you just can't expose ONE BIT of skin in that kind of weather").

Today I went to Broadway Market with my flatmate from Lithuania (she doesn't think it's cold either). The market is a smaller, funkier version of Borough Market, which I frequently visit since it is near my residence. We both sipped hot apple cider with cinnamon and wandered around sampling olive oil, homemade cheeses and pies. I love that they sell flowers in February here, it's as if English roses are immune to the cold weather.



Hope you are well and staying warm. My new "stay warm" trick is to wear several pairs of tights...works like a charm.  ;) XoXo Miss Engagée



If all else fails, watch these marvelous dancers and dream of a hot summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment