Friday 11 March 2016

Luang Prabang, Waterfalls and Motorboats

Where to start... I have done some really amazing things in the last few days and wish i could devote more time and space to this leg of my trip... but working from my phone with Lao wifi forces me to brevity . I quite  enjoyed Chiang Mai and the highlight was my trip to play with and learn about elephants at Patara Elephant Farm.  I saw a three month old elephant baby with its very friendly mama. We were taught how to recognize the signs of health in an elephant- for instance elephants who have dust on their sides are healthy while elephants who do not may be unwell. Yhe reason being that unhealthy elephants sleep staying up while healthy elephants sleep on their sides on the ground.    Fast forward a few days, I am now in Luang Prabang, Laos after getting here via slow boat. The boat journey was at first rather jnpleasantly hot - I was also behind the motor and the boat was quite full -  But the journey got better on day 2 as there were two boats and we had much more space to spread around and take naps.  The trip allowed us to appreciate the beauty of Lao's Mekong river coastline. Now in LP I visited a gorgeous waterfall today and got to cool off  amidst all this breathtaking scenery.   I enjoyed being at the Khong Si waterfall so much - its cool, pleasant swimming, theres a bear rescue centre oh and did i mention how beautiful it is - that I may go back tomorrow! LP of course has lots to offer... temples, caves, small town feel and charm, night markets, even an Ethnography centre and textile shop that i am eager to check out.  So I may be here for a week  before moving on to my next destination! 

No comments:

Post a Comment