Saturday 4 June 2016

Dalat, Vietnam countryside tour

Hello! Having recharged my batteries, lucked out on a private room at my friend's place, and gotten my fill of bubble tea in Ho Chi Minh city, I then took an overnight bus to the hilly town of Dalat. I spent two days in Dalat -a popular honeymoon destination and vacation spot for Saigoners seeking to escape the heat of Vietnam's southern metropolis- and another two days touring the countryside around Dalat and Nha Trang on an "easy rider" (motorcycle taxi) tour.

The pictures below don't do justice to the beauty of the Dalat area, which has lots of beautiful mountains, waterfalls and rice paddles plenty.  Highlights of my time in Dalat were: *Mr Rot's Secret Tour*, during which we ate grasshoppers and tried betel nut in a local market, and the Lak Lake (Hô Lak) area west of Dalat. The Lak Lake is out of the way and not so touristy but quite atmospheric. (When I arrived there were elephants relaxing in the shallow section of the lake! Dalat is an area where villagers historically lived and worked with elephants although there are few left now. )

My tour guide and Easy Rider , Mr linh, was a great driver and took me to various spots including a brick making factory and a cashew nut factory.

No comments:

Post a Comment