Tuesday 27 March 2012

Istanbul Chronicles

I`ve been sorting through my pictures from Istanbul all morning long, and haven't managed to whittle them down very much. It's impossible to do justice to such an amazing city in a short blog post. I suppose I'll focus on my highlights!

My top 3 sights were the Chora Church, an incredibly old Orthodox church covered in the most breathtaking mosaïcs imaginable; the Museum of Turkish and Islamic Art (Carpet Museum); and Istanbul's skyline seen from a Bospherus river commuter ferry.

Gorgeous mosaïcs in Chora Church 


Traditional Slippers, from the Museum of Turkish and Islamic Art




Taking a cruise up the Bospherus is definitely incredible. Although most of the time, one is far from the shoreline, the ferry stops along the European and Asian side.


View of the Black Sea from Anadolu Kavagi (Asian side of Istanbul)
I'll continue on another blog post to keep these short and readable.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment